Joseph A. Devall
- J.D., Tulane University, 2004
- Editor, Law Review, 2002-2004
- B.A., McNeese State University, 1999
In his litigation defense practice, Joey Devall has extensive experience providing transactional and litigation services to clients in the maritime, energy, and insurance sectors.
Joey understands that each case or transaction is its own unique situation. He accesses each matter beforehand, understanding the client’s objectives in an effort to balance desired outcomes with what is smart economically. He manages a broad range of transactional matters including drafting, reviewing, and negotiation contracts, including master service agreements, vessel charter parties, towing contracts, vessel construction agreements, construction contracts, sub-contracts, purchase and sale agreements, leases, asset purchase agreements, teaming agreements, and joint venture agreements. He also advises clients in regulatory compliance issues, vessel documentation, the U.S. Antiboycott laws, and related matters.
Joey has experience representing:
- Maritime companies in defense of Jones Act and LHWCA claims
- Companies in defense of personal injury claims and employment claims.
- Maritime companies in drafting and negotiating service agreements and charter parties.
- Companies and business owners on corporate organization, governance, succession and ownership matters.
- The Best Lawyers in America®, 2021
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Maritime Law Association
- Offshore Marine Service Association
- Mariner’s Club
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit